I Was Featured!

Featured in Georgetown Times

Georgetown, SC

I can not explain how excited and honored I am to be featured in my hometown's local newspaper. Thanks so much to Clayton Stairs for this interview. I hope that everyone back at home takes something away from my story. My Book, and My Journey is here to live on and inspire anyone who has doubted themselves. You Can Do It. Be Great, Be Strong, and Be Unstoppable. 
- Cinquanta Cox-Smith

Here is a copy of the article. 




Cinquanta Cox-Smith, a native of Georgetown, said her first book titled “Journeys of the Heart” is like a roller-coaster ride about good friends, faith and family.

The public can purchase Cox-Smith’s book on Amazon.com. Available since December, Cox-Smith said she has already sold 300 copies of the book.

The main characters in the book are Mary, a 25-year-old lawyer who lives in Manhattan, New York; Gina, a 23-year-old who is in the Army, stationed at Ft. Bragg, North Carolina; Katie, a 25-year-old psychologist who lives in Las Vegas; Lilly, a performer, dancer and singer living in Los Angeles; Sally, a 24-year-old nurse who lives in Seattle; and Rebecca, a 24-year-old who is in the Air Force, stationed at McCoy Air Force Base in Orlando, Florida.

Cox-Smith said she wrote the book after serving in the Army when she met a lot of people from different backgrounds.

“The book mirrors real life events, but I have added a lot of imagination to it, as well,” she said. “Sometimes we have friendships and we don’t want to tell them what is going on in our lives, but they are the ones who are there for us through tragedy and breakups.
“It’s good to have friends and when you turn around, they are the last ones there with you.”
Cox-Smith is the oldest daughter of Terry and Glenda Cox.
“Cinquanta has always had a passion for writing, whether it was poetry or creating outstanding fiction stories,” her father Terry Cox said. “She is now older and more mature in her writing skills.
“She has been traveling, meeting new people from all walks of life, and has experienced love and loss in relationships.”
Cox-Smith is working to create a series of books and is currently in the middle of writing her second book.
Cox-Smith said she hopes her books will inspire young writers to pursue their dreams and never doubt themselves.
“I doubted myself for a long time,” she said. “I started my first book in 2011 and finished it in 2013, but the book sat for a year because I thought people might judge me and not support me.”
She said it turned out that she received a lot of support from people around her.
Cox-Smith currently lives in Fort Riley, Kansas, with her husband, Sgt. Shawn Smith. The couple have two children, Kyree and Sharye Smith.
For more information about the book and the author, visit www.smileyquanta.com, or look up “Smiley Quanta” on YouTube.
For all business inquires, e-mail Cox-Smith at designsbysmiley@gmail.com. The book will also be available at local libraries.

PUBLISHED FRIDAY MARCH, 6 2015

-Smileyquanta


Amazon Book Link - Here
Createspace -Here 
Goodreads- Here
Amazon Author Central- Here
YouTube – Here
Amazon Store - Here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment